Monday, July 16, 2007

This day, That year

The culinary journey of Miss Reeta Skeeter (in blogsville that is to say) completes ONE year today.
Happy Birthday blog dear!

Wish I could bake you a cake. I ate and drank on your behalf, instead. Hope you are happy to hear oops... read that. I ate bhel puri and drank lemonade, besides other things. And for the readers here's a treat. I am showcasing my favourite hangout at Janpath today. If I visit Janpath and don't visit this shop, the visit is incomplete. DePaul's is the name. It stands in the Janpath marketplace since 50 years + now. Ain't that cool?! I have enjoyed each and every visit here to the fullest. Their Cold Coffee (which is what they are immensely popular for) is to die for. The range of flavours they have on offer includes Vanilla, Mocha, Cappucino, Hazelnut and what not. My favourites are the Hazlenut and Mocha ones...Here's a quick peep at the counter, that looks the same since I was a kid.
This place is highly recommended.

11 comments:

FH said...

Happy Birthday Reeta's blog!! Wish you many more happy ones to come.
Your lady celebrated with Bhel and Lemonade.I soo hate you!!;D
Photo is great,wish I was there!Enjoy the glory.

Anjali Dawar said...

Hey !!! Hap Hap Happy Birthday :) it's now a belated wish though. Looks like you had a hellova time dudet. May you grow really really old!!1(I am talking to your blog sweets)

Happy Bloggin'

Ankur Arora said...

it's been a pleasure reading all the posts, made me feel hungry most of the times...
depauls' cold coffee is just amazing! hope you had a yummy birthday delhifoodies! :)

Unknown said...

Ohh.. so you are more active here huh!! And wow.. nice timing that I dropped by here.

Hmm.. this afternoon was having lunch and wnted to click some pics of the food, but well.. was too lazy to do that...

Anonymous said...

HI REETA,

Agree! I too like the place.
Congrats for the special day

Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh said...

I would like to have a Mocha with birthday cake :P

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

WOW!!
This is kewl...
I return back to blog and get to celebrate your blog b'day...

Lets have a bash!!

Where ma b'day cake ?

Pritika said...

my favourite flavour at DePaul's is hazelnut mocha! lurve it!

Congrats for completing a year of blogging, your love for food has turned into a movement and inspired me to love my food :)

Pragyan said...

Hi Reeta, Love your blog! This is the first time I am visiting it. Am sure I will be a regular visitor. Unfortunately, my culinary experience in Delhi is limited to Nirula's and a particular gol-gapa place (forgot the name :(). Happy Birthday to you. Bhel and lemonade..hmm..enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy blog Birthday (belated).
ANd I second that DePaul's cold coffee rocks!

Mansi said...

Hi, Congrats on your 1-yr anniversary!! You can come and pick anything you want from my blog as a gift!!:)

-Mansi